Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2017

B at 4

I just want to document my son as much as I can, to remember who he was and watch who he becomes. I love B more than words, but he impresses me everyday.

B is dominate in the right side of his brain. Meaning he is beyond artistic, thoughtful, and very intuitive. When it comes to the arts he loves all of them. Whether he's telling us a story, drawing/coloring a picture, singing/dancing; it is all something he thoroughly enjoys and does all the time.

He's very smart, and very in tune to those around him. Always full of empathy and does what he can to avoid conflict or resolve it. He witnessed K and I having an argument, it ended in the two of us walking away from the moment and taking a sort of "time out" to clear our minds. I later called K and apologized.

B told me, "Mommy, I'm sorry daddy hurt your feelings, but it was very nice of you to say you're sorry to him." (I made sure he later witnessed that K and I had been able to resolve our argument and loved each other)

Sometimes I forget he's only four, and it's hard to not treat him more as a friend than a son. As weird as that may sound, I just feel like he's my other half. We both understand each other and I often have to remind myself he's young and just a kid, because sometimes you expect him to act like he's more grown when he does quite often.

I just enjoy the heck out of this kid. He's so loving, so sweet and gentle. Although he pushes buttons, and his mouth runs a mile a minute, he's still a very well behaved child. Sometimes I feel guilty, because I feel like I got a wonderful kid and he got a mother who suffers with her mental illnesses quite often.

Nevertheless, I know he knows I love him, and he loves me and K. The three of us have truly had a wonderful time in Japan together. People seem surprised when I tell them how happy I am living there, but truly I am. Despite my depression that swoops in from time to time, living in Japan has been a fantastic adventure that the three of us are all enjoying immensely. It's really great to know we are such a good little family and team. I love my boys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment